Monday, August 24, 2009

ING Direct $25 Referral Bonus

I've written before about my experiences with ING Direct. I actually attribute much of the credit for my financial turn-around to ING, since it was their no-fee, high-interest savings account that gave me "somewhere else" to put my money. This is what got me started with partitioning my money in order to develop an emergency cushion and shrink my debts. In 2007, I wrote a series of three posts on the subject:
The end result of this analysis was that, in terms of features and user experience, ING was a winner. Its interest rates are currently middle-of-the-pack, but they are a pleasure to do business with, and offer a full suite of savings products (including RRSP and TFSA options, as well as GIC and mutual fund accounts). Transferring funds is simple and fast, with a one-day turnaround in either direction. I can't say enough good things about ING, and they will always hold a special place for me as the first tool in my financial toolbox.

If you're looking for a no-fee savings account to add to your portfolio, I have a referral code that you can use to get started with a $25 sign-up bonus. Here's what you have to do:
  1. Fill out the online application for a new account.

  2. In the "Orange Key" field on the application form, enter my referral code: 17093935S1

  3. Send ING a cheque, made out to yourself, for at least $100. This accomplishes two things:
    • It creates a link between ING and your chequing account, so that you can move funds back and forth between institutions

    • It qualifies you for the $25 bonus, since you need to make an initial deposit of at least $100 to qualify
Note that existing ING customers can not use the Orange Key to get the $25 bonus; this offer is only available to new clients.

The great thing about savings accounts is that there's no downside to opening them up and trying them out. Getting started with a $25 bonus just sweetens the deal, since ING is a great bank to deal with.

Disclosure: Since I'm providing the Orange Key, I will also receive a bonus for every new customer who signs up with an initial deposit of $100 or more.

6 comments:

Admn said...

I want to be your partner, i have relevant finance site for link exchange. pl let me know kylasmith7@gmail.com

Amaurizal said...

Great article, and I happen to agree ING direct is a great bank to do business with. The whole process went off without a hitch, and my account was set up in 4 business days, including having the new customer bonus of $25.00 with out any hassle. Once everything was set up I started an automatic savings deposit to help set up my emergency fund.

Unknown said...

Hello,

You provide a nice information in your post. It's really a useful for me.
Thanks for this information.
____________
Repair Credit Score | Bad Credit Repair Advice

Anonymous said...

Here is an up-to-date ING Orange Key good until 2016 for the $25 referral bonus 17289125S1

To sign up with this Orange Key go to:
http://www.ingdirect.ca/referafriend

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the free money

if that code fills up you guys can use mine Orange Key 17433764S1

Just signed up today

Anonymous said...

use this ornage referral code for the $50 bonus 17289125S1

Happy Savings