Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oh right, the blog!

Well hello there, loyal readers. I'm finally back after my Easter weekend hiatus. I hope you enjoyed your time off work. I wouldn't exactly call our own weekend relaxing, considering we had somewhere to be each of the past four days, but it was nice to have some time off, and to catch up with some relatives I haven't seen in a few months.

We managed to get through the weekend without breaking the bank, and now it's time to get my head back in the game. I've barely thought about either finances, my blog, or my day job during the past four days, so I have some catching up to do.

It was nice to see some upward movement in the markets yesterday, even if it has thrown my freshly rebalanced portfolio out of whack again. If I have to choose, I'll take positive growth over to-the-penny asset allocation, but I'm still shaking my head that I hemmed and hawed last week over the exact amount of each index fund to buy, only to have everything shift over the next few days.

No comments: