Thursday, September 4, 2008

Payday update

I never did get around to posting payday updates in August, what with vacation and a generally hectic schedule. Today was payday, though, so I've brought my progress bars and NCN Network chart up to date, and I'm making continuing to make headway on my revolving debt and Emergency Fund.

As of today, my revolving debt currently sits at $17,778.20, which is less than two-thirds of what it was when I started tracking last April. That's not bad progress. I'm working toward a goal of $17,500 by the end of the month, and I'm well-positioned to hit that target.

My Emergency Fund is at $1,927.41, spread between a few online savings accounts, an account at my primary bank, and some cash in an envelope stashed at home. Hitting the $2,000 mark for September shouldn't be too much of a stretch, so it will be nice to have that buffer in place.

Nothing too exciting, but I'm continuing to move forward, and I'm a lot better off than I was when I started this blog. That feels really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

I really applaud you not just for paying down your debt that way, but for managing your emergency fund while you do it. So many people don't feel the need to take that step and I never have understood it. If you don't have an emergency fund, then the first thing that comes along, you are forced to charge your cards right back up!

Unknown said...

Although all of the extra hardware required for maximum enjoyment -- two guitar controllers, drums and a microphone, bringing the price upwards of $200 for the whole set -- is pricey, Rock Band is uniquely poised to keep generating revenue based on its weekly catalog of downloadable content.
The 2.5 million extra songs sold have barely scratched the surface of the content that will be purchased as more and more Rock Band players grow tired of their current set lists and crave something new to play with their pals.

-----------------------
ages

Internet Marketing