Thursday, May 1, 2008

Goals for May 2008

On the first business day of every month, I post my update for the previous month's progress, and set goals for the month to come.

Here are my goals for May:
  • Reduce my revolving debt to $19,850 (currently at $20,770.23) - This is consistent with my usual rate of debt reduction. Let's see if I can beat this number.

  • Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,370 (currently at $1,318.02) - Still keeping the increments small, but I want to keep making forward progress here.

  • Update my Equifax credit file with my correct postal code - I missed this one in April, so let's get it wrapped up early this month.

  • Walk to and from work every day, and work out at least three times a week - The walking is already part of my routine, so let's add some actual visits to the gym.

  • Lose 4 pounds - I need to start moving the dial on this if I want to hit my 187lbs target for the end of the year.

  • Blog 31 times in May - I trailed off about midway through April, so I need to get back into the swing of things, and get myself back into the daily posting routine.

  • Bring my lunch to work every day in May - This was a nice goal to have in the back of my mind last month; it keeps my focus on preparing lunches as part of the morning routine, and avoids the simple "I don't feel like it" cop-out. Let's see if I can do even better this month.
There's not much new here, but I'm trying to build some habits, so I'll keep things simple for now.

No comments: