Thursday, May 29, 2008

Loonies And Fortnights

Well that has to be a record for me. Since my last payday update post two weeks ago, I haven't managed to write a word for the blog. There's a reason/excuse for this, but whatever you want to call it, the drought should soon be over.

Ms. Loonie has just accepted a job offer. That's the "big news" that's been brewing for us over the last several weeks, and now that it's official, I can finally talk about it. It sounds like a great opportunity. It means a career shift for her, but she's been stuck in a rut at work for a while, so that can only be a good thing. The salary is pretty competitive, which is definitely welcome, and she'll be a short subway ride from work, so it's also very convenient. We have some planning to do and decisions to make over the next several weeks, and I'll be sharing the details with you as we go along.

Beyond that news, it is Thursday, and I did post a payday update two weeks ago, so it looks like it's time for another update. I've updated my progress bars and NCN Network chart, and the big change this week is that I've finally dropped below $20,000 in revolving debt, with my current debt sitting at $19,800.22.

I actually have to run to the airport (we're spending a few days in the U.S.), so I need to sign off, but I'll be back next week with some musings on the implications of Ms. Loonie's new job.

No comments: