Here are my goals for January:
- Reduce my revolving debt to $14,800 - Since my CPP contributions and EI premiums are about to start again, my cash flow will drop a bit over the next several months. This means less money to throw at debt reduction (especially given my focus on saving for our wedding), but a $400 reduction in my revolving debt should be realistic.
- Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,650 - I have an incentive bonus coming into my Canadian Tire savings account this month, so this target should be in line with my regular contributions.
- Grow our Wedding Fund to $1,260 - I was fortunate enough to receive a year-end bonus this year, and when it arrives later this month, I should be able to get this "seed" amount set aside, and then go from there in the coming months.
- Run an average of twice per week, and play squash at least once per week - I really need to get back into an exercise routine, so let's start here.
- Try two new recipes, with a focus on doing as much as possible from scratch - I have a few slow cooker recipes that I'm excited to try out, so we may be hosting some dinners this month as I experiment.
- Write detailed posts on the following three subjects:
- My TFSA plans
- My pension contribution plans
- My asset allocation