Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Setting goals for September

I'm still getting the hang of setting and tracking my goals. So far, I've been focused on where I want to be at the end of 2007, and while I've been tracking this fairly well, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on the short-term as well. I'm concerned about how ambitious my 2007 debt reduction goal is, so if I can look back on a series of interim milestones and successes, it will help keep me motivated in the event that I fall short of this goal.

Here are my September goals:
  • Grow my Emergency Fund to $750 (currently at $543.20)

  • Grow my "short-term savings" fund to $500 (currently at $321.13 - saving for a road trip to Michigan in mid-October)

  • Reduce my credit card/line of credit debt to $25,250 (currently at $25,723.46)

  • Write five productivity-themed blog posts
From now on, I'll be reporting the status of each month's goals as part of my month-end update.

Let's see how this goes...

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

Sounds like a good set of goals. I think I will write a post about goals this month too...