Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wake me up when September ends

Well, September has been quite an eventful month. I've been insanely busy at work (which you might have guessed from the pitiful number of posts I've been managing to get out this month), and between watching the Loonie climb and taking a crack at diversifying my retirement investments, I've been seeing lots of change.

Last night, we went with some friends of ours to check out Nuit Blanche. For those who haven't heard of this, it's a "free all-night contemporary art thing" in downtown Toronto. Seriously, "free all-night contemporary art thing" is how it's advertised on the posters. The event began at 7:00 yesterday evening, and finished at 7:00 this morning. It's basically hundreds of artists showing off their works, whether it be an exhibit of paintings, or a massive performance art installation. We had a lot of fun. One of the highlights for us was the "Ghost Station" exhibit, which was set up in the lower Bay Street subway station. This is a downtown subway platform that hasn't been used in decades, and it was open to the public last night with deep, "sub-audible" vibrations being emitted, that were shaking the support pillars, the trains, and the platform itself. It was cool (and a little creepy) to be down in this abandoned station.

I'm really still in the process of waking up, so I'll keep this short. I'll be back tomorrow morning with an update on my September goals, so until then, enjoy your Sunday evening, and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments: