Thursday, April 30, 2009

The more things change...

I haven't written much about it here, but I've had a number of frustrations in the past with Rogers, especially their website. If you've been fortunate enough to avoid dealing with their customer-facing website, then I envy you. Personally, I find their site to be a bloated, unstable, convoluted mess that is very difficult to navigate.

In addition to the pain involved in visiting their site, I've been constantly annoyed by how long it takes them to post their monthly statements online. My billing date is the 26th of the month, and my statement is never available online before the 30th. It seems to me that, if banks can report the interest accruals on my accounts on the first of every month, then Rogers should be able to post my balance online more or less immediately. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Although this month was no different (my April bill finally posted this afternoon), I was surprised and impressed by a change they've made to their notification e-mails. The message now contains the total amount of the bill, where previously you needed to click through and login to the site in order to get any specifics. Now I can get the amount owing from the e-mail, and login at my convenience to check the specific details.

I was really impressed by this innovation, and decided that, since I've delivered scathing criticism on numerous occasions using their website feedback form, I would let them know that I approve of this new feature. So, I punched up the Rogers URL, clicked "Contact Us", and made the appropriate selections to leave "Website Feedback".

Here's what they gave me in return:


I forget, how many words is a picture worth?

No comments: