Friday, April 4, 2008

First test failed; second passed

This morning, I had a meeting with my "one-up" boss (i.e. my manager's boss) at 9:00. Due to some late-night reading last night, and the general dreariness of the morning weather, I was rather slow to respond to my alarm clock. As a result, I found myself about ten minutes late leaving the condo, and had to jump on the TTC to get to work in time for the meeting. Not exactly a shining moment, when I look at my ongoing goal to walk to and from work every day.

I feel somewhat redeemed, however, by the fact that I brought my lunch to work today, despite a planned outing by several colleagues to a favourite Szechuan restaurant. Now, I loves me some spicy Szechuan food, but I really want to stay focused on my goals for the month. The restaurant is a half-hour walk from the office, so we generally end up taking a taxi to lunch, and walking back from the restaurant. All told, the excursion generally costs about $15 a head, including the cab. By passing on today's lunch, I save myself some money, and I get to stick to at least one of my behavioural goals for the month.

I'll have to see what I can do to make up for the missed walk to work this morning.

No comments: