Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Return of the weekly Wednesday weigh-in

It's been over a month since I last checked in on my weekly weight loss progress. Having taken my eye off the ball for so long, I had expected a significant backslide, but it turns out that, during the month of March, I managed to lose 7 pounds, dropping from 214lbs to 207lbs. With my starting weight of 212lbs, this took me 20% of the way to my year-end goal of 187lbs.

I weighed in this morning, still at 207lbs. That means no progress from last week, which isn't really surprising. I've been laid up with a sore back for the last few days, so I haven't been able to do much in the way of cardio. However, I have been responsible about my eating habits, and I think this is the main reason I've held steady. I'm hoping that my back feels better soon, so that I can get back to my running. I've just bought a new pair of shoes (paid for by the ol' Freedom Account) to replace my two-year-old Sauconys, and I'm excited to try out their fresh new cushioning. Other than my one slip last Friday morning, I've kept up the foot commute every day this month.

I'll need to pick up the pace to make my goal of losing 4 pounds in April, to finish the month at 203 or lower.

No comments: