- Propose to Ms. Loonie - I'm living with a wonderful woman, and I think it's time I took steps to upgrade her honorific. It's a little scary to write that one down (how did I become such a grown-up??), but nothing would make me happier than to make her my wife.
- Reduce my revolving debt to $14,000 - This is a rough number, that should be a bit of a stretch, but I think I can get there. Once I've got my first couple of paycheques (with the renewed CPP and EI deductions), I'll have a better idea of how much I can put toward debt reduction.
- Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,500 - Since I'm already above the $1,000 mark, my growth here will continue to be slow, but I think if I can make $1,500 by year-end, I'll be in very good shape.
- Give $2,000 to charity - I have $45 of every paycheque automatically deducted for United Way donations, so this gives me $830 to make up. I should be able to manage that. It's still nowhere near a 10% tithe, but at least it's an increase from the $1,300 that we gave in 2007.
- Grow the readership of Loonies And Sense to 100 RSS subscribers - This is essentially my "be a better blogger" goal. I don't have full control over this, but there are things I can do to make this happen. I'm currently sitting in the mid-30s, so if I keep writing stuff that people want to read, and keep working the link love, then I think I can get there.
- Lose 25 pounds - I can certainly afford to lose at least this much, and I think it's a good goal to set. I need to make better use of the gym and squash court maintained by our condo corporation.
- Adopt and maintain a version of Getting Things Done - I need to be more organized and productive. By the end of 2008, I want to be fully up and running with a personal system that will keep me on top of the tasks in my life, and help me in my career.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Goals for 2008
I've already posted my goals for January, so now it's time to post the more mid-term goals that I hope to accomplish this year. Here's what I've got in mind: