Monday, January 21, 2008

Home Show temptation

Yesterday afternoon, Ms. Loonie and I went to the Metro Home Show. We had some coupons for $3 off the cost of admission, so we thought we'd go check out the exhibits. I've never been to the Home Show before, so I wasn't quite prepared for the level of temptation to which I was about to expose myself.

From granite countertops, to hand-made furniture, to state-of-the-art bathroom fixtures, there was no end to the stuff we simply had to buy.

So we bought some crêpes.

We left the show with a book full of business cards for various kitchen and closet installation outfits, and with lots of ideas in our heads for improvements to make to our condo, but we avoided the temptation to make any major impulse purchases.

The costs for the outing:

$18.00 for 2 tickets
$8.90 for 2 crêpes

$26.90 total

That's not too shabby, considering we could easily have spent hundreds of dollars on furniture.

Now, let's see if we can avoid diving head-first into an expensive renovation...

2 comments:

Traciatim said...

I'm going to be jumping head first in to a very similar scenario when our home show comes in to town in march.

Here's my problem. When I first moved in last April, I told my spouse that we are doing absolutely nothing with the house for 1 year to 'get a feeling' for it. (I mean, we painted . . . but nothing construction wise).

Here's the trouble, the home show is in March and the agreement expires in April. Uh-oh.

Anonymous said...

Good job on avoiding temptation!

There's a lot of good stuff at those shows.

Mike