Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A nice start to the new year

I posted last month about a $1.25 mistake in managing my cash flow. Well, as expected, when I checked my bank balances online yesterday, I had been charged a $1.25 fee for going over my allowed debits for the month.

As I was tallying up my balances for my net worth update, I decided that I might as well try to get this fee reversed. So, I called up the call centre, and after a few minutes on hold (it is the first business day of the year, after all), I told my tale to a customer service rep, who was more than happy to refund the fee for me.

Net result: I finished 2007 $1.25 richer than expected.

It just goes to show that, if you want something, you might as well ask.

1 comment:

Canadian Saver said...

It does help to be a good customer year-round and when these little charges come up, we can get them reversed.

Good for you!