Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Working toward an active 2008

One of my goals for 2008 is to lose 25 pounds. I'm carrying around more weight than I should, and as I move into my mid thirties, taking care of my health will become more and more important. I'm currently trying to put together a plan that will help me meet (and hopefully exceed) my 25-pound goal this year.

Ms. Loonie and I live in a condo that has access to a small gym. The gym has a few cardio machines, a universal-type weight station (for leg curls/extensions, butterflies, rowing, bench/seated press and leg lifts), a cable-crossover machine, free-weights, and a number of stability balls. That's not a bad setup for "free" (obviously we're paying for this indirectly through our maintenance fees), and it's an easy option for me to take advantage of. The key is to make myself use it: I need to make an appointment with myself to get down to the gym at a particular time of day several times a week. I'll have to figure out whether this is a morning time, or an evening time.

Between the gym and our squash court, I certainly have the means to get myself in better shape; it's just a matter of discipline. Over the past several months, I've really improved my financial discipline, and now it's time to do the same with my fitness.

Let's see how I do.

No comments: