Thursday, April 17, 2008

Payday update (and belated weigh-in)

Apologies for the lack of posts so far this week. Things have been a bit hectic, and I haven't had the mental bandwidth to put together a coherent post. Anyway, today was payday, and if there's one task I'll always show up for, it's that of updating my progress bars at the side of the page.

My NCN Network chart has also been updated, so here's the rundown of my progress toward my April goals:
  • Reduce my revolving debt to $21,250 - I'm on track for this one. My revolving debt actually currently sits at $20,741.86, which should put me well past my stated goal for the month. However, I stated that I wanted to hit the $21,250 target without touching my 2007 tax refund, which I received yesterday. $500 of my debt reduction progress this month is a lump sum payment from my tax cheque, so I'm really at $21,241.86. When I take month-end interest into account, I still need to throw another $25 or so at my debt in order to meet this goal. That should be manageable.

  • Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,310 - I've already beaten this one, with a current balance of $1,315 in my Emergency Fund. So far I've received 8 out of 26 bi-weekly paycheques in 2008, which puts me at 31% of the way through the year, and 45% of the way to my year-end Emergency Fund goal. This one's looking good.

  • Update my Equifax credit file with my correct postal code - No progress yet. I really need to look at this one, and figure out what form to fill out to make this correction.

  • Walk to and from work every day, and work out at least three times a week - I've been doing well on walking to work (only one morning missed), but the workout schedule isn't looking as good. I've had some lower back pain that's been keeping me from running. I'm hoping to get to the gym tonight, though, so as long as I don't let the last ten days derail my exercise plan completely, I'll be happy.

  • Lose 4 pounds - Still sitting at 207lbs, so no progress yet this month. Even so, I still haven't backtracked this month, so that's something.

  • Blog 30 times in April - This is my 13th post this month, and today is April 17th. Room for improvement here.

  • Bring my lunch to work every day in April - I've been really good about this. I was weak last Friday afternoon, and went down to Tim Hortons for a coffee and doughnut, but other than that $2.38 expenditure, I've been on a strict only-what's-in-my-bag lunch and snack regimen at work.
So there's some good progress, but still some room to step things up. I have nearly two weeks left, so let's see if I can stage a comeback.

No comments: