Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Weekly Wednesday weigh-in: Flu edition

Hi, all.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Since last Thursday afternoon, I've been down with the flu, lying pretty much comatose under a pile of blankets and nursing a fever of 38-39°C (100-102°F). I've barely been able to feed myself, let alone compose a coherent blog post. For those of you asking how that's different from any other week, I say "way to kick a guy when he's down."

At any rate, I'm back at work today, and have just finished wading through a sea of unread e-mail and composing my to-do list for the foreseeable future. Funny how some time away from the office can help to crystallize what you actually need to get done.

One of the "benefits" of spending several days in a sneezing, coughing, fevered haze is the loss of appetite. My reduced caloric intake nicely complemented my lack of activity, keeping my weight steady at 214lbs. Granted, this still means no forward progress, but at least I didn't backslide.

At this point, I think the message on the fitness front is clear: this isn't going to happen unconsciously. I need to make some serious commitments to stay active and eat well if I want to make a dent in this goal.

Let's make March a month of changes.

No comments: