Thursday, February 21, 2008

Payday update

Today was payday in the Loonie household, so I've updated my progress bars and NCN Network chart. Some highlights of my progress so far:
  • Reduce my revolving debt to $22,300 - This will be a stretch. The last couple of weeks have seen a lot of dining out, so I've had to dig into the Freedom Account to cover some of these expenses. We'll see how the next week goes; I might fall short of this goal by about $50 or $60.

  • Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,250 - As of today, my Emergency Fund sits at exactly $1,250, so unless I actually need the funds between now and next Friday, this goal is checked off.

  • Obtain copies of my credit report from each of the three Canadian reporting agencies - I've received my reports from Equifax and Experian, and am still waiting for my TransUnion report. TransUnion is the only request of the three that I had to mail, so it makes sense that it would take longer. As for the two I've received, the only error I've found is that Equifax has my postal code wrong.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

I've never checked with Experian. I've always gotten from Equifax and TUnion though... I'm gonna check on that tonight.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Experian operates in Canada under the name "Northern Credit Bureaus". I'm not sure why this is (both Equifax and TransUnion have ".ca" domains), but you can find the details in this post.