Friday, October 5, 2007

Loonies And Thanks

This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada. We're heading up to our family cottage tomorrow, to have a big turkey dinner with extended family. Then, on Sunday, it's back down to celebrate with Ms. Loonie's parents, followed by some much-needed rest on Monday.

It's all too easy to fall into the trap of calling this holiday "Turkey Day", and losing sight of the reason we celebrate. I've certainly been guilty of this enough times. This year, however, as I dine with my family, I'll be reflecting on the things for which I am thankful. There's certainly plenty of stuff on that list:
  • Ms. Loonie - Without her love, support and friendship, I don't know where I'd be. I'm truly a lucky man to have such a wonderful woman in my life.

  • Family - My parents, my brother, Ms. Loonie's family, and all our close friends, who really make life worth living.

  • Home - We love our condo. What more can I say?
At the risk of sounding corny, I also want to extend my thanks to everyone who has visited, commented on, subscribed to, or linked to my blog over the past few months. It's great to know someone is listening when I click that "Publish" button. Thanks for keeping me honest.

If you're traveling this weekend, please be safe. Enjoy the weekend (whether it's a long one where you live, or not), and I'll see you next week.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: