Thursday, October 11, 2007

What's new?

Yes, I'm still here.

Things have been pretty hectic lately. We had lots of family time over the weekend, with a mixture of positive and negative feelings. Visiting was great, but there's some stuff going on with Ms. Loonie's brother that's pretty frustrating, so we were kind of exhausted when we got back to work.

Yesterday, Ontario re-elected its Liberal government. I'm interested to see what the next few years hold. A lot of promises were made by Dalton McGuinty leading up to the election, and I really hope these are kept. I tend to lean left, so I'm happy about the Liberal victory, but I do expect the government to live up to its campaign promises.

Tomorrow morning, Ms. Loonie and I leave for our road trip. Our friends from Illinois are meeting us in northern Michigan for the weekend. The weather doesn't look promising, but it should be a fun weekend. Whatever else happens, it will be good to get together with our friends. We've saved up for the trip, so I'm hoping we'll be able to stick to the budget.

No comments: