Friday, December 28, 2007

The aftermath

Well, Christmas has come and gone, and we are now deep in the madness of "Boxing Week". For those who don't know what I'm talking about, Boxing Day is the day after Christmas, and is observed in several countries (including Canada but not the U.S.) as a statutory holiday. Being the day after Christmas, it also kicks off a period of major discounts at most retailers. There's always extensive news coverage of how many people are storming the malls for Boxing Week sales, and just how much they're spending. Ms. Loonie and I are taking it easy, as neither of us is too keen on braving the crowds or spending much more money this month.

Santa was good to the Loonie household this year, and we gave some gifts that really went over well. Ms. Loonie's parents got the Canon PowerShot A460, and just loved it. I spent a good deal of time on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day teaching Ms. Loonie's mother the basics of the camera. We have a couple of gift cards and cheques left to use to fill out our wardrobe and media collection, but basically we had a wonderful few days visiting with family and enjoying good food.

I've updated my goal bars and NCN Network chart with the effects of yesterday's paycheque. Thanks to this month's advertising income, it looks like I'm in good shape for my financial goals for the month. Most significant is the fact that all my gift purchases are paid in full, with no new debt. The blogging goals have gone less well, but I'll have a thorough post-mortem on December's goals next Wednesday.

No comments: