Thursday, December 13, 2007

Payday and goals update

We got paid today, so my goal bars and NCN Network chart have been updated. With today's payment to my line of credit, I've passed 70% of my 2007 goal for revolving debt reduction. That's good on the one hand, because it represents a nearly $4,000 decrease. However, since there's only one payday left in December, it also means that, barring a Festivus miracle, I'm not going to meet my goal of $22,000 in revolving debt by the end of the year.

It's a little disappointing to know I'm going to fall short of this goal, but this is actually part of the reason I first started setting short-term goals. I wanted to make sure that I stayed motivated even if I didn't hit every one of my targets, essentially getting myself out of an all-or-nothing mindset.

When I look at how far I've come since I started this blog, it's hard to get too discouraged. Yes, it would be nice to have knocked off another $1,300 in debt, but I have to look at what I have accomplished. My goals for 2008 will need to be a little more realistic.

No comments: