Saturday, December 1, 2007

November update

Well, November is over. Interest has now posted to all my accounts, so it's time for my month-end review.

First off, here's how I did with my November goals:
  • Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,100 - I met this goal, ending the month with an Emergency Fund of $1,104.62. Part of this was a $13 referral bonus for referring Ms. Loonie to ING.

  • Finish November with $200 in my "short-term savings" fund - Ran into some trouble with this one. I had to use these savings to cover some expenses. This is really meant to be my "fun" money, though, so if I used it to catch up my Emergency Fund or debt reduction, then I don't view that as a failure.

  • Reduce my revolving debt to $23,850 - I missed this by about $190. Ms. Loonie was planning to give me some money toward our Michigan trip, but some things fell through, and she wasn't able to. It's a minor setback, but we still made good progress, reducing revolving debt to $24,048.55.

  • Blog 30 times in November - I nailed this one with a total of 32 posts in November. Now, whether you would consider all of those quality posts...

  • Review two chapters of Getting Things Done - I just snuck this one in under the wire with last night's post. Follow along with my entire review here.

  • Continue to blog once per week about productivity - Counting my GTD posts, I had 8 productivity-related posts this month, with 4 of them not involving my GTD review. So, on average, I got one per week, even if there was a week there with no productivity posts.
Now, on to my month-end update:

Assets:
Online Savings - $2,155.74
Self-Directed RSP - $39,479.44
Employer Group RSP - $2,175.00

Debts:
Credit Cards - $3,007.65
Line of Credit - $21,040.90
Student Loans - $30,637.99

Net Investable Assets: ($10,876.36)
Net Liquid Assets: ($52,530.80)

I grew my liquid savings considerably, mainly through Freedom Account contributions. However, the market simply hammered my retirement investments this month, so my investable assets basically held steady. Debts are down by $1,648.07, so I had increases of $1,623.59 and $2,787.94 in my net investable and net liquid assets, respectively. My NetworthIQ profile has also been updated (including loose cash, home, car and mortgage).

Finally, let's get down some goals for December:
  • Grow my Emergency Fund to $1,160 (currently at $1,104.62) - I'm not really stretching this one this month, because of the holidays

  • Reduce my revolving debt to $23,400 (currently at $24,048.55) - This basically means no new debt from holiday shopping. I'm counting on you, Freedom Account...

  • Blog 25 times in December - I was going to repeat November's one-a-day goal, but time will be tighter with holiday preparations

  • Finish my review of Getting Things Done - I want to review the other 12 chapters in the book this month

  • Continue to blog once per week about productivity
If I can meet these goals, I'll be a happy camper heading into the new year.

No comments: