Thursday, March 20, 2008

Payday update: better late than never

Look at the "2007 Year-End Results" section of the sidebar, and you'll see that my debt reduction progress bar for 2007 sits frozen at 75.1%. I only made it three quarters of the way to last year's goal of $22,000 in revolving debt. This goal was a bit too much of a stretch for me, and although I made good headway, I fell short of the 100% mark by year's end.

Well, today my revolving debt finally dropped below my 2007 target of $22,000, coming in at $21,847.23. Two weeks ago, I passed the 20% mark in paying off my revolving debt, so this is just another milestone in getting rid of my debt. It took me nearly three months longer than expected to reach this goal, and I'll have to pick up the pace to make my 2008 goal of $14,000 by December 31, but I'm maintaining consistent forward progress, and that's the important thing. I've updated my NCN Network chart if you're interested in the details.

There's not a lot else to report on my March goals. I've met my $1,280 goal for my Emergency Fund, and I've been reasonably good on the physical activity front. I'm not seeing as much progress on the actual weight loss as I would like, but I've started running again, and that should speed things along. My post count for the month is coming along nicely, so all in all, it's looking like a pretty run-of-the-mill month.

No comments: