Monday, November 5, 2007

Loonies And Nuptials

My brother got married on Saturday. It was a great day for a wedding, and the ceremony was beautiful. The day was fantastic all around; friends and family all had a great time.

In the months leading up to the wedding, I've been spending a lot of money, between gifts and the bachelor party. The day itself, however, turned out to be very wallet-friendly; I had a $20 cab ride to meet up with the groom, MC and ushers, followed by a $20 tab at the hotel bar, and a $20 tip to the bar staff at the wedding proper. Without worrying about the day's spending, I was able to just enjoy celebrating with my brother.

Planning for my brother's wedding has got me thinking about tying the knot with Ms. Loonie. Expect to see a whole slew of new goals showing up in the next few months.

No comments: