Thursday, November 15, 2007

November goals update

Today was payday, so I've updated my goal bars and my NCN Network chart. The biggest change is that my Freedom Account balance jumped from 8.8% to 46.1% of the $3,000 goal. This is not due to a windfall or any particularly fancy footwork on my part; I've simply re-configured how I fund and use the Freedom Account. As before, the "target" balance for the account is not a sum I actually expect to have sitting in the account; it's simply the total of all fully-funded Freedom Account categories. As a cash flow tool, this account will always be in flux.

I've made some progress with debt reduction, although the pace this month is not as swift as I'd hoped. I had some unexpectedly high expenses in the past couple of weeks that slowed me down, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to tighten up for the remainder of the month, and meet my November goal of $23,850 in revolving debt.

I was sick last week, and the effects have lingered into this week, so I've been a bit behind the 8-ball, and haven't had much chance to post. I have some catching up to do on my blogging goals for November, so I really have to pick up the slack.

No comments: